Saturday, January 21, 2006

Good EVE

Finally, EVE has come back to life.

The ongoing war with The Five, my lack of (ingame) money, my lack of skills...it was getting me down. A few weeks of training and I can fly a Hawk, which is perhaps the most fun I've ever had in EVE. It's fast, it's hard, it's not as powerful as its big brother the Harpy...but it'll do. It'll do until I can afford something better, anyway.

While EVE is coming back into focus, WoW is fading away. It was fun, for a while, but the continual grinding is boring, dull, monotonous, and a thousand similar terms. My Paladin is nearly level 40 (and gaining a mount will probably change things in WoW in the same way the Hawk did for EVE), but it's came to my attention that he's not the character I wanted him to be. A mid-range damage class, a mid-range healer and a mid-range tanker. Neither one nor t'other. Jack of all trades ad master of none, and all that. Frankly, it's boring. I have a lower level Warlock as well, but the games' novelty is wearing off.

Give me the stars anyday.

And on that note:

EVE Diary 1: First Frontier
EVE Diary 2: Learning Curves
EVE Diary 3: How We Won The West And Where It Got Us
EVE Diary 4: All Alone In The Night

My semi-regular series of EVE Online play diaries continues over at alwaysblack.com

No comments: