Wednesday, April 03, 2013

The Massed Effect

So I decided to replay the Mass Effect trilogy.

This is not, in and of itself, a major announcement. Games are meant to be replayed, afrer all,  and each game in the series has an ingame achievement for playing through at least twice.

But the Mass Effect series is a special one, to me. It's a series that took me through a gamut of emotions, that I became emotionally invested in. I believed in Jock Shepard, my original ingame incarnation, and cared for the characters that joined him on his journey. The choices I made through him still resonate strongly; some of them made me pause the game and think. Some of them made me cry.

This time I want to go through all three games with some form of critical eye. The story of Jock Shepard is done, for better or worse, so this time it's Jessica Shepard's turn.

No comments: